Thursday, November 14, 2013

Tutorial: Sewing Pin Christmas Ornaments

Christmas ornaments are so much more special when they are personalized. If you're looking for a simple DIY ornament, this project is for you!


Materials
  • Foam spheres
  • Sewing pins - I used ones with white tops, but you have plenty of options. The larger your sphere, the more pins you will need.
  • A hole puncher - I used one that punches flower-shaped holes
  • Paper in the color of your choice
  • Ribbon

The first thing you'll need to do is punch holes in your paper. I picked up this cute flower hole puncher at Michael's so the sewing pins would look like the centers of the flowers.


Some of the ornaments I made were entirely red, some were entirely green, and some were red, green, and white. The color choices are entirely up to you.



Once you have enough punch-outs, begin pinning them into your foam ornament.





I pinned a sparkly red ribbon on the top of the ornament so I can hang it from my tree.





Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment