Sunday, May 26, 2013

Project: Drink Recipe Book

Every once in a while, I'll start a project that ends up taking 5 times as long as I'd anticipated. This recipe book was one of those projects. This May, my sister turned 21, so I decided to make her a cutesy handmade recipe book as a gift.


For the book, I used this cute little photo album.


Then, I dug into my scrapbook paper arsenal to create the pages.



I used some awkward pictures to trace the pages out, since the book was made for 4 x 6 photos.


This was the part that took up all the time. I created the pages using cut paper, sticker letters, and some fancy handwriting. The most challenging part was finding recipes - I thought I knew a LOT more than I actually did! Pinterest was my savior here.


Each recipe fit perfectly :)



Note: Chocolate Cake Shots are the best.


Fun Fact: The background paper on the right came from a greeting card.



The cutest recipe was also the most lazily glued. Oops.




Aaaaaand this is where I decided that I didn't NEED to fill the whole book.
 It's bad enough she's getting it a week late!


No comments:

Post a Comment