Saturday, April 21, 2012

Multi-colored tent decorations

This week, we focused on creating a colorful, well organized display for our upcoming event. We want our tent to be attention-grabbing! The canopy we purchased does not have walls, but we wanted something in the background of our display. Then suddenly...an idea!

Remember the wax paper and crayon window hanger? Daera and I spent a night creating 6 foot strands of multi-colored crayon circles. With some curtain rods and fishing line, we hung the strands from the top of the tent. 

The strands look great in the sunlight, but they blow a little too much in the breeze. We started adding weights to the end of each string; they still move, but I don't have to worry about getting tangled.

They also look great in my craft room :) Hey, I have to store them somewhere!




2 comments:

  1. These were so much fun to make! I'm glad we came up with the idea to weigh them down. They'll still flutter but not get tangled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! I love all the colors! Good Luck next week. It should be an attention getter!

      Delete