Saturday, April 28, 2012

Bug and Bud Festival Photos

THANK YOU to everyone who visited us at the Bug and Bud Festival in Milford! It was exciting to see others appreciate our work, especially considering we're still new to the business. The only negative thing about today was the weather - it was COLD! Still, I'll take the cold over the rain any day.

Here's a shot of our entire display. Lots of color!

Daera made a Crafty Crabs sign out of scrapbook paper and ribbon. In the background, you can see the lovely gray clouds that blocked the sun all day.

At the event, we sold purses, hair accessories, pieces of jewelry, candles, magnets, and coaster sets. 

At the beginning of the event, these were our most popular items! A handful of people mentioned that the bug & animal magnets would make good gifts for their children or grandchildren.

We had two stands of handmade bags, ranging from child-size purses to large quilted handbags.

Earrings and candles. 


I don't know why I didn't take a close-up picture of the coaster display from the front. I'll admit, we didn't eat until an hour into the event, and my brain doesn't function at full speed without breakfast. I had a sample set of each coaster at the front of the table so customers could pick them up and handle them. In the back, I had sets of 4 pre-wrapped and ready to go.

The flower frill hair clips were a popular item. By the end of the day, I was able to move some of the headbands onto to board.

Here are just some of Darea's multitude of magnets. She had them attached to cookie sheets so they would stay in place. By the end of the day, one of the sheets was empty!


We are very excited to continue doing shows, especially now that we know which items are particularly popular. I will make sure to post any updates on this blog. Now, I think it's time for a hot cup of tea and a nice, long nap...











 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad it was such a big success. Everything looked beautiful! I hope I will be able to come to your next event! Aunt Lucy wants to come too! How did the free hugs by Chris and Matt go??

    ReplyDelete